Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Kiri Shawl


Although I finished knitting this a week ago, here are pictures of my new shawl. This yarn is deceptively warm. It looks wisp thin, but all that mohair really retains the heat.

Pattern: Kiri
Yarn: 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze
Needles: US7 (4.5mm) and US8 (5mm) for bind-off
~60inches wide and ~30 inches from neck to triangle point at bottom

With two balls of Kidsilk Haze, I managed to fit 10 repeats of chart 2 before completing chart 3 and binding off. Thanks to Polly for the advice about my leaf "burn rate" per ball of yarn. To be safe, I counted 70 leaves for the first ball. Great pattern! I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to knit their first lace shawl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great Stacey! I like the how the picture was shot too :). And I'm very glad you were finally able to get through this project. Good job.

Simon