Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm in

Woo hoo! I received my invitation to Ravelry and I'm in. Will start populating my profile with projects and pictures. I am maceknits over there, so come over and say hi.


I bought yarn this week. Online, I ordered enough yarn from Knitpicks to make two sweaters. Yesterday, I picked up another two sweaters worth of yarn at my LYS, Nine Rubies. Plus sock yarn, the only impulse buy. Even though I had projects in mind for each of these purchases, I went a little brainless when it came to picking colors. From Knitpicks, I had already chosen moss green for a cardigan and grapey purple for a v-neck sweater. Then, I went to the LYS and what did I choose? Green for a long sleeve sweater and purple for a vest. DUH. I didn't realize it until I got home. Plus, I got red sock yarn. And I've been trying to get away from red/orange/magenta colors for the past year! Go figure.


The haul from the local yarn store (my online order hasn't arrived yet):

Cascade 220 sage-green heather (5 skeins)

Project: Bluebell Boatneck Sweater from Fitted Knits

Cascade 220 purple heather (3 skeins)

Project: U-neck waffle weave vest from Fitted Knits


Mountain Colors Bearfoot (superwash merino wool/mohair/nylon)
color: firestorm
Project: socks for me, no pattern yet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! She's finished one sock for me. Just one more to go. I bet that Stacey can't wait to try out all this new yarn.

Love,
Simon