Sunday, September 16, 2007

Plans

No new news since last time. I'm still slogging through the brown socks for my husband. If these were for me, I'd already be done with the first sock and onto the second one. I know because I tried it on already. Sock knitting is pretty easy to do. It's just that I have to go slow so I don't cramp my hands on the thin needles. If I go too fast, then I'll put my hands out of commission for a few days, which means no knitting. Can't let that happen, so I have to be patient. In the meantime, I'm alternating between carrying the yarn on the left hand (continental) and the right hand throw, all an attempt to keep my hands loose as I go along. I'm using double pointed needles but I should learn how to knit the Cat Bordhi way, with two circulars. Maybe that would be more ergonomic and quicker?

Also making progress with my red cable and lace scarf. Need to order more yarn for it.

Speaking of more yarn, I really want to knit a lot of new projects. From the Fitted Knits book, there are five patterns I'd like to start with- the Elizabeth Bennett cardigan with cabled waist and sleeves, the Boatneck sweater with ribbing at the waist and mid-sleeve, the U-neck waffle weave vest, the plain v-neck pullover with waist ribbing, and the Carrie cropped flared sleeved cardigan. You can see images of these here. Would I even wear a cropped cardigan/shrug?? Looks cool but not really my style. A vest? I haven't worn a vest in 20 years. Another long sleeve cardigan? Didn't I just spend half of this year with the Layoff cardigan? Imagine all of those buttons to sew on... Ick. Still, these all look so nice to knit! And I know of a yarn sale coming up next Saturday...

Plus, thanks to Alice's suggestion, I'm going to knit Kiri with my Kid Silk Haze. It's a fern motif lace shawl pattern. I'll make the medium sized shawl, so it could also work as a big scarf. I'm not really a shawl person, but then again, I've never worn one before either.

No comments: