Saturday, September 8, 2007

One Skein

Ideas for one skein projects!

Here is the husband's camping hat, modeled at Big Basin State Park, Labor Day weekend.


Actually, it was unusually warm at the campsite this year, so our wool hats weren't necessary. I knit this one with less than one ball of Cascade 220, with some leftover orange yarn (from my cable stitch hat) to edge the ribbed brim. Size 7 dpns.

Next up, legwarmers!


This pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts book. Alterations? I made them exactly to fit the length from my knee to ankle. No 1980s slouchy look! These are meant to be worn under my jeans in Winter, to keep me warm while I sit and knit. What's cool is that I used up an entire skein of Plymouth Encore worsted weight yarn for the pair. No waste! Size 7 dpns, 2x2 rib, easy.

Lana & Clark Lacy Ascot

Used an entire ball (100yds) of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora yarn for this pattern from Vickie Howell. Didn't realize I cut off the bottom in the picture, but it pretty much ends right there.

Fingerless Mitts

Also made with Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora, but less than one ball for size small. Spiral rib pattern also from Last Minute Gifts.

Yes, the Debbie Bliss cotton angora was on sale and I bought a few odd balls. Although the yarn feels nice and soft, turns out I don't like angora that much- sheds all over my clothes. And yes, I've made a lot of things from the LMKG book- great ideas for small projects.

5 comments:

SquirrellyWrath said...

I love your one skein projects! Especially the legwarmers and scarf, really nice colours!

Unknown said...

Thanks for using my pattern--your Lana & Clark ascot looks great!!
xo, Vickie

Kirsty said...

Those look great- I really like the fingerless mitts and the legwarmers (I'm such a sucker for legwarmers...)

I followed you over from your comment on my WW jumper- Thank you for commenting and saying lovely things!

bay area chickie said...

I love those fingerless gloves, reminds me of my old breakdancing days... =) I bet I could do hand spins with those. =)

maceknits said...

Yanet,
I bet I could knit you whole breakdancing outfit. A shiny hat so you can do headspins? ;)